- A new and improved service experience to discover, either via the app or the web portal, designed with you in mind. You will be able to log in with the same credentials as before to access our brand new platform.
- New functionalities such as the possibility to send medical notes to your family doctor electronically, and broader on-demand access to healthcare professionals.
- Upon logging into the EQ Care app, you will be prompted to download the TELUS Health Virtual Care app.
- If you use the EQ Care web-based application, you will simply be prompted to access the new TELUS Health Virtual Care web application.
- If you visit the EQ Care user portal, you may be redirected to the new TELUS Health Virtual Care portal.
We will be maintaining the service on the web-based platform for months after your migration to ensure that all registered members have the opportunity to transfer to the new service. (Note that the EQ Care platform will be available for you to access your prior history but you will only be able to initiate medical consults on the TELUS Health Virtual Care app.)
- Engage with the clinical team in new ways, via chat or video.
- Access a wider network of allied health providers, including more mental health professionals, nutritionists, physiotherapists.
- Benefit from an expanded care team — triage by registered nurses, consultations with nurse practitioners and/or physicians, clinician-to-clinician consultations with dermatologists and psychiatrists, pharmacists, and more.
- Benefit from greater continuity of care thanks to TELUS Health Virtual Care’s ability to electronically share medical notes with other healthcare professionals – with your written consent.